Sunday 10 January 2016

Who are you?

I'm finally back in Melbourne with mixed feelings about being back. I loved being at home with my family and Little B but I missed my house and my husband.
2015 was an interesting year and I found it to be a rough one. I felt very isolated, lonely and unloved (not by Sam of course) and didn't really feel like I had a purpose.....then today came and I went to Young Womens and one of our Bishopric taught a lesson entitled
Who are you?
and
it
was
AMAZING!
He posed questions like what makes us who we are? Where are we from? How are you going to fulfil your destiny?
And then He followed up with:
You are humble, faithful, steadfast, confident, courageous walking in the foosteps of Jesus Christ.
You are the solution.
You are divine.
Ye are Gods - Psalm 82:6
You are foreordained.
You are a purpose.
Your decisions will allow you to achieve even greater things in the eternities.
Remember your true sense of worth.

This lesson was SO for me. Of course I already knew all of those things but it was a great reminder for the start of a new year in a ward where I don't feel at home.

Some other interesting things we talked about in the lesson were....
We need to long for our divine nature.
Heavenly Father could have chosen to make us not like Him but He knew He is perfect and gave us His attributes.
He didn't have to give us bodies.
He sent us here to have joy and the honour that comes with having a body.
We're left here to find our divine nature.
We are His work and His glory even though he is omnipotent, omnipresent and the most high.
Remember Whose you are.
You have a duty as children of God to support each other.

What an amazing spiritual lesson. I can't wait until we get taught by our bishopric again!

No comments:

Post a Comment