Saturday 9 January 2016

One year!

We have had THE most incredible year as Team Fulmizi! More for me than for you I decided to recap all the awesome and amazing things we have achieved in a year...(and maybe some less than awesome things too)...
  1. We got married - First of all we survived a long distance relationship and even though we have only been married a year at the end of Jan we have been together for two and only one in the same country!
  2. We moved into our place - I have always wanted a house (more than a husband...it's ok Sam knows, now I would take my hubby over any house) so it has been such fun having our own place.
  3. I moved countries - not going to lie this could at times also go in the not so fun list of the last year
  4. We travelled the world - Dubai, Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, Croatia, Australia, NZ (and I went to USA)....I did 20 flights in one year and for someone who is not a fan of flying I survived! This year we will be spending a lot less time in airports and on planes. We saw some of the most incredible and beautiful parts and things in the world and gained so much from travelling.
  5. We survived being apart for over 3 months - I left my poor hubby twice - once to go to America and once to go back to NZ to work.
  6. We had lots of sickness - that was just me really but poor Sam had lots of sleepless nights, a crying wife and a wife who hated being in hospital but had to be there.
We have been on lots of adventures - Sir Benedict Humphries has been on a lot of them with us (except for when he got temporarily lost or we left him at home...) and we have had lots of laughs trying to find cool photo ops with him. We now know that blue tac on his feet is the best way to go so that he does not fall over in the tiniest of winds. (We were very worried that the pigeons in Venice were going to fly off with him though!)
So what did we do to celebrate one year?


  1. I flew into Melbourne and met my sweetheart at the airport (he even came INSIDE the airport to meet me!) and he had flowers!!
  2. We went shopping at the mall- Sam hates shopping so this was a real treat for me. We didn't buy that many things we we did buy a Jeanie-pot that we are excited to use! 
  3. We had dumplings - like we do every month on the 9th to celebrate
  4. PRESENTS! So the traditional first anniversary gift is paper (which Sam didn't know about until a few days before - he is really good at pulling things out of thin air!) Sam wants a typewriter and because we just don't have room for one at our place that is on hold - the reason I'm telling you this is because Sam wanted to be able to write letters on personalised letterhead - so I got letterhead designed for him and printed on cool paper. Plus on our weddingeve I gave Sam four little books that I had written in and put photos in and tied them together with a green ribbon so for our anniversary he got another little book tied with a green ribbon that I had written in and put photos in. Sam spoiled me and wrote me a really nice note which revealed that he bought us tickets to the Australian ballet!WOOP!
    Sam designed this!
  5. To finish off the day we watched tv and had a mud mask - we were both pretty tired from a long day so it was the perfect way to relax
Heres to the next million anniversaries!


No comments:

Post a Comment