Monday 18 January 2016

Sunday

Another great inspirational meeting!
Our Sacrament meeting was all about missionary work and how we can help. The third speaker was by far my favourite - he was gorgeous, well dressed, gave a great talk and had a killer smile...oh and I'm married to him!
Sam gave an excellent talk even though he only had 10 mins to give it. He managed to tell some great stories and to get across key messages that our ward needed to hear.
My favourite story he gave was from his mission in Hong Kong - He had only been out 3 weeks when he was talking to a man on the street and he said to him "I know that when you feel the spirit you can feel it in your heart" BUT what he really said was "I know that when you feel the spirit you can feel it in your shirt" haha no wonder the man was confused.
I really enjoyed sunday school. I love the Book of Mormon and we were talking about Lehi's dream...these were some thoughts I had

  • I have to choose no matter my circumstances as to how I feel about the gospel and my testimony
  • To Fall at the feet of the tree - it means that we truly recognise the meaning of the tree (Love of God/symbol of Jesus Christ)
  • Power and Pride are not fulfilling and leave you empty
  • We have to constantly keep our desires in check
  • Some people clung to the iron rod and others held fast - there is a big difference - what are you doing right now? How committed are you?
  • The darkness blinds us from the truth (tree) but also the consequences (Chasm and dirty waters)
I really liked how this explained it all

Then I went to YW and we had a great lesson on the Holy Ghost
  • Where is the knowledge that we have lost in information?
  • Walk by faith in a world governed by sight
  • Our human reason is not enough - Elder Eyring
  • Distinguishing truth from clever deception
  • The Lord does things that we don't always understand but he always has a plan

No comments:

Post a Comment