Monday 11 January 2016

Clean eating

Today is the first Monday that I have been in Melbourne since October.
October was a long time ago.
Sam and I signed up for gym memberships the weekend I left to go back to NZ but they deferred mine until this week. Since I left we have been talking about going to the gym together (Sam has been going while I was away) and today was D day or should I say G day (thats Gee Day not Gday just to clarify)....
I wake up at 5am. Its already hot. The alarm goes off at 6:30 and after a debate of it's too late to go and no it's not too late, we get out of bed, go to the gym and come home.
Not only did we decide this was the year to be looking great we also decided we are going to 'eat clean' which means we cut out all the bad.
We will be sugar free once school starts as well.
I thought I could share some of our lifestyle change with you - not that we are perfect or anything!

In the weekend we bought a Ninja (blender) so breakfast was a watermelon and pear juice (really simple). We have made a few smoothies so far and they have all been blended so nicely - the only downside is that the Ninja is SO loud!
I really need to work on clean eating snacks (meals we are pretty good at already) so I made both Sam and I a container of fruit and veggies chopped up. Even though I don't start work until the end of the month if I make it for me too I won't be tempted to eat badly!
I also sent Sam off with a container of crackers, chunks of cheese, half cherry tomatoes and relish.

Lunch was what we call a Kel Salad - Usually I don't put fruit in it but because we have so much of it at the moment I sliced up an orange (between Sam's and my salad) and threw in some raspberries. Sam is lucky he got any because raspberries are my all time favourite - they are far superior to chocolate, lollies and ice cream. I didn't have the salad ready before Sam went to work which was great because it meant we got to have a lunch date at his work.



Dinner will be chicken with roast veggies (we have a huge kumara to use yummmmm)

We have also made a meal planner (lunch & dinner) for the week with a shopping list too. This will hopefully keep us on track and make sure we are only buying what we are going to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment